Rules and Regulations
I. Control of the hunt
The final authority for interpreting and enforcing the rules of the
hunt will be the Head Officiating Judge.
1. After the start of the hunt, all questions regarding the hunt shall be directed to the Head Officiating Judge, and not to the GNRS Hunt Committee members.2. Contestants violating hunt rules, arguing or becoming offensive with a hunt official, will be dealt with at the discretion of the Head Officiating Judge.3. The Head Officiating Judge may remove a contestant from a team or assess a point fine to that contestant’s team.
The GNRS hunt will consist of seven teams
1. Bounty Hunter including Radio Shack, Discovery, Teknetics
C. Team Captains will be responsible for keeping in communication with all of their team members, and relaying any information that the GNRS hunt committee sends to the teams.
D. During the GNRS signups, a maximum of 12 alternates for each team will be shown on the roster page. These alternates will be used to fill vacancies on the team.
E. If a vacancy occurs on a team, and there are no more alternates, the GNRS hunt committee will announce how the position will be filled.
F. After the GNRS Opening Ceremony is adjourned, no vacancies on any team will be filled, and that team must hunt short-handed.
Top pointer earners on each team will receive an automatic (free from
fees) position on next years hunt for only that team they scored those
A. The metal detectors that will be allowed to be used on each team must be brand specific to that team, except where noted above.
B. The detector and coils must be a production model available to the general public. No prototypes or special limited production models will be allowed.
C. Third party devices that are connected to machines and are of general availability to the public ie: after market coils and probes will be allowed, however internal alterations of the electronics of the detector/coil will not be allowed.
There will be no restrictions concerning accessories such as digging
headphones, pin-pointers, communication equipment, etc.
IV. Field rules
A. The boundaries of the hunt field will be set and explained to all contestants before the hunt.
No contestant, hunt official, or committee member may bring any relics
or artifacts onto the hunt site at any time.
1. Any one who violates this rule will be immediately disqualified and asked to leave the hunt field.2. Any point previously earned by someone in violation of this rule, will be subject to review by the Head Officiating Judge.
1. Each constant may carry as much equipment as he/she deems necessary for the hunt. (Back-up detector, coils, etc)
1. If any hunt official sees a contestant not filling in their hole, then that contestant will receive a warning, and a piece of orange surveyor’s tape will be tied to the pole of that contestants detector. This “flagging will remain on the detector through out the hunt.2. If a contestant violates this rule a second time, after receiving a warning, they will be asked to leave the hunt field for one hour, subsequent violations may result in disqualification.
1. Team captains are responsible for having his/her team at their assigned meeting area at the start and end of each hunt session.2. Each team table will have a log-in sheet on it. Each team member must sign off on the sheet every time they enter or leave the hunt field.3. Each team is responsible for their own: equipment, water, food, and trash clean up.4. Each team will receive a warning from a hunt official if their area is not kept clean.5. If a team does not keep it’s area clean after receiving a warning, then 100 points will be deducted from their team score.
6. A second offense will lead to a 200 point fine.
1. If a contestant is in the process of digging a target when the horn sounds, he/she may continue to do so, but will have to turn off their metal detector immediately afterwards and return to their team meeting area.2. All items found by each team must be turned into the judges, at their team table, at the beginning of the lunch break and at the end of the day’s hunt.3. The items found by each team will not be returned to the finders until the end of the day of the hunt.