The Treasure Depot


 


Surf and Sand Forum

Update : Midwest & Gold

So We have been finding dental gold crowns here for the last several years, a lot. I use to send them to ARA & they paid on the exact weight & carat sent in including 90% being white/silver/grey colored crowns. They then started bouncing checks & only paying for 10k on all crowns despite carat.
I later switched along with others to Midwest. First shipment 6 white gold crowns ranging between 10k-18k. They paid exactly what I had figured.
Weights were exact & the carats. Second shipment (no phone calls or emails notification) I received statement with check for $100. Instead of what should have been $300. The statement stated No Gold, palladium. Weight went from 14.9 grams or 0.479 Troy oz. received to 0.144 paid.

Called & spoke first with Raul who said no dental crowns contain gold only palladium. Really? Then the owner Gary spoke with me & I explained my case & thought that made an honest mistake. No Gary stated white/silver/grey dental crowns contain no gold only palladium. I explained they paid both myself & my friend this past December for the same crowns as gold. He said that & other payouts were mistakes.
I asked why the weight went from very heavy metal to only 0.14 ? He stated they only had 40% palladium. I asked then what was the other 60%?
He said he doesn’t know they don’t test for that. Again he said no gold in those crowns. I told him that didn’t make sense. He went on to tell me gold testing machines out there don’t work. Testing stones don’t work. Pawn shops are not testing correctly & so on. Boy I have a headache by now.
I told him we would not be sending any more shipments to his company.
So I looked up materials used in dental crowns, white/silver/grey.. in his own words 40% palladium .if this was true they would still have 48% gold
See attached chart bottom. Ok I’m done shhhhhhu,! Lol😬

Messages In This Thread


Wherever you find the Treasure Depot logo just click to take you to the home page

Any questions concerning this site  may be directed to the Treasure Depot Webmaster

© The Treasure Depot 1998 - 2017