I had been considering an Etrac or maybe a CTX-3030 but there is no way that I would purchase another Minelab Machine at the present time. Minelab "Claims" that they are aware of the problem and are taking steps to correct the situation re repairs. Supposedly they were going to have the problem resolved by Spring. Didn't say what year.
I am still waiting to see what if anything they do.